Sunday, June 7, 2015

Welcome to Eastern Iowa Rocks

Iowa has a reputation for being a big, boring, flat state with bi-polar weather where there isn't much to do besides tip cows, shovel snow, and watch corn grow. That couldn't be further from the truth. It's beautiful place with many varied pockets of culture and wonder. But, I'm not even going to get into that blazz. I'm starting this blog to highlight the rich music scene here in Iowa. In fact, if I tried to get to all the music being created here, I'd have to quit my jobs - there is simply too much going on. So I will be focusing on Eastern Iowa (from the river to the Capital), and particularly on rock, punk, and metal. Because that's what I like. And because these ladies and dudes around here are KILLING IT! I want to share what I experience and help spread the music. And, sometimes, I might put some bands on blast. Why not?

I also intend to write about bands that come through. At least here, in Iowa City, the music scene is so open and supportive of each other. I see other bands come through and am always grateful for new sound, as well as delighted to see the help traveling bands receive from the local artists. Shout-outs will be many. Venues will be discussed and rated, in hopes of helping out-of-state bands more easily make decisions about where and when to play. I just want to assist in connecting all the music lovers and makers out there in Interwebs Land.

Any bands or solo artists out there who would like to be featured here, please feel free to hit me up with links to your info and music in the comments below or at wickedmanda78@gmail.com

Thanks for stopping by. Regular blog posts will start next week.
Rock on! ~mandab

No comments:

Post a Comment